The building that housed the Off Ramp Cafe was built in 1908 and was home to a variety of shops until the 1950s when a successive string of muisc clubs occupied the space. In 1986 it began booking alternative rock acts as the Off Ramp Cafe. One local act, performing as Mookie Blaylock, perfomed their first show there on October 22, 1990. They would later change their name to Pearl Jam. It closed in 1999, reopening the next year as Graceland later becoming El Corazon.